Free Halloween Monster Toppers



So.... all of the comicbook clipart I start with for this site is in the Public Domain and has been thoroughly researched for legality. Yep...Copyright and all that jazz.....

I'm doing a few Halloween comicbook clipart graphics right now, I thought I'd show you how I work it - some of the processes I use....



The scanned page. I straighten it up if the scan is lopsided.

I have an old version of Photoshop - would love a new version - but alas - it ain't in the budget. (probably wouldn't get how to drive it anyway lol)...

My old Photoshop is still powerful, - a grunty ol' girl like me.


I cut out an interesting panel.



Enhance it - using Levels, Contrast and Brightness, Curves plus others. I may use Blend modes.


White out the text to use for comicbook clipart, tidy it up. Depending on the graphic - sometimes I need to clean up where someone has spilled coffee or drawn on it or ripped it - you get the picture. It's then ready to use as customisable clipart.


If the graphic is interesting - I might draw in missing bits - putting the graphic back together again. I do everything via mouse. (Saving up for a graphics tablet - swoon!)

Time consuming? Well yes.... Can be. A lot of work? Yeahhh... A lot of fun? ...You bet!!!


I'm thinking about cards - so this might be a good card topper for a teenage/adult male.

...or this one...

Ready for you to use...



Sometimes I think I might make a printable or two :) ... card toppers or something...so I make it print ready...upload to that ethereal cyber space thingamy...write up the post...


... and put in a link for you to download it.

So that's the basic lowdown on how I prepare some of this work. :)

*****

Ok...what's a topper then?

Well...you cut the picture out and stick it on a card blank or a bit of cardboard you've cut down and folded in half to make a card....

I could use these as postcards, gift cards, place setters.....

Yeaahhh......:)

Oooh...scrapbooking, card making, journaling, decoupagee, collage...and..and..and....

Yesss....clever you xxx....

More printables to download... 












Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts